Cannabinoids have been used medicinally for millennia, you can’t understate its benefits. Recently becoming legal here in Canada, its use has been widespread. Due to the opening of legal markets the products are countless! Manufacturers have isolated the CBD compound, it’s similar to decaf coffee – cannabinoids without the THC or the intoxication. One of the major selling points is that CBD is therapeutic and non-psychoactive. CBD helps people relax, calm down and has some great health benefits. There is an option for everyone, edible products or drinks infused with the CBD, bath products, topical products, the list remains endless.
Similar to the list of available products, the list of health benefits is just as long:
- Relief of chronic pain and arthritis.
- Regulate and prevent diabetes, studies have linked CBD to stabilize blood sugars, lower blood pressure, and improve circulation.
- Fight cancer, cannabinoids have been shown to prevent and fight certain cancerous cells.
- Treat depression, endocannabinoid compounds help stabilize moods and ease the effects of depression.
- Mend bones, cannabidiol has been linked to helping heal broken bones.
- Slow development of Alzheimer’s disease, cannabinoids contain anti-inflammatories that fight brain inflammation.
- Treat glaucoma by reducing pressure applied on the eyeball.
- Alleviate anxiety by calming users down.
- Help people with ADHD/ADD focus on tasks, a safer alternative to Adderall and Ritalin.
As you can tell there are countless benefits when it comes to CBD! With the legalization and strict regulation of these products, it is safer than ever to give it a try. Take a day, start with a low dosage and enjoy the relaxing effects! It’s a great option for older adults who want to unwind and relax in a healthy and beneficial way.